Reece

Reece

Monday, February 1, 2016

10th Chemo treatment



January 20, 2016
This past week was my 9th Chemo treatment. It’s hard to believe that it’s been 9 weeks doing this. My mom says we are almost done and I get a break for a while. I am tired a lot and sleep often but try to do fun things and play. A couple weeks ago I got a virus and had to go to the ER to get some fluids and a dose of antibiotics. I wasn’t very happy about going but since my temperature was high I had to go in to make sure my port didn’t get an infection. It was a long 3 days of feeling yucky and having a fever but I made it. Good thing it was just a virus and I didn’t have to stay in the hospital. I have been going to school on the days I am home and feeling well. I am very nervous when I go but once I get to school and get involved I am happy and have a great time. I’m getting excited for my baby brother to come. My mom says he will be coming soon! Turner and I have been thinking of fun names for him but mom and dad are still deciding. I wish I had more energy and wasn’t tired all the time but my mom says it will get better after I’m all done with Chemo.
January 30, 2016
This week was a HUGE mile stone for me!! I completed my 10th Chemotherapy treatment and that means that I get to take a little break before we start on the next course. So I have an entire 3 weeks before I have to go back for chemo!! My last chemo went very well and I did super well. My mom was very happy about my behavior and I felt good not fighting. Since I did so well I got a reward I had been asking for….. It’s a beanie boo, she is a skunk her name is Flora, and I just love her! After chemo my mom took me out to eat and then we got to visit the cats and dogs at the pound, this is one of my favorite things since I LOVE animals!
My aunt Rischel promised me that if I did really well at chemo that she would by me a cat dish for my kitty Sammy I got from build a bear. I’m excited to get to feed my kitty her new food. I went to school almost every day this week and it was great. I was feeling really well just tired as I always am.
(Mom) Reece has been doing very well with chemo, the Dr’s are very pleased with her treatment and her blood counts are recovering pretty well each week. She still has a little peach fuzz on her head but they said after this next chemo she may lose the rest of it. When she gets her “Doxorubicin” treatment that causes her to get very sick and causes hair loss more than the others. She has only received this one time in the very first treatment which is why she lost all her hair very quickly. With the 3 drugs she gets they alternate 2 of them every 4 weeks….. This is because of the side effects on the “Doxorubicin” which can potentially cause heart problems. As mentioned Reece just finished her 10th treatment and now we star the “next” course!! Which means we get to go every 3rd week instead of weekly. I am excited for a break and I know Reece is very happy about it as well. In this next course she will be getting 2 drugs every time instead of 2 every 4 treatments. Before she can start the next course she will have a CT scan, Echo, and ECG done. We have everything set up for Feb. 17th just 10 days before baby comes!! Reece will also start the next course of Chemo as long as all the tests come back with good results. It will be a long day but Clinton will be taking the day off to help out. We hope that all looks good with the CT scan. This is to check and make sure the cancer has not grown any other tumors since treatment, which is very unlikely but with her cancer there is no tumor markers so the CT is the way they will determine her progress. The Echo is checking her heart, some of the Chemo drugs can potentially cause heart damage so after course they look at the heart very closely.  I am 35 weeks today and feel more ready than I want to be. This baby is VERY active and sometimes feels like he is doing flips inside me. It’s very reassuring but I would like a little break at times! I had another ultra sound on Thursday and my placenta has slightly moved so I’m not considered placenta Previa which means we will go in for a normal delivery. If things go well that is the course we will take but if I start to bleed then I will be sent to OR for the C-section. I’m happy but was actually looking forward to not feeling the pains of labor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment