Reece

Reece

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Summer fun, No More Chemo, Bell rining and MAW

Time just got away from us. Reece has completed her Chemotherapy and had her last CT scan and Echo testing on June 1st. We met with her Dr’s just after and were informed that all the testing came back with no signs of Cancer!!! Her CT was clear and her Echo of her heart looked good. It was an exciting day for sure. We are so happy and so grateful she is all done with chemo and is now CANCER FREE!! It feels so surreal looking back and seeing how far Reece has come, how much she has changed and grown in the past 7 months. I honestly can’t believe how well she got through this and how well she is feeling now. I am just amazed and full of gratitude. We have had a hard few years and maybe we are on a path that will be easier for our family!
 Just 3 days after her testing we took our trip up to visit all the Turner family in Washington for a reunion.  We got to spend 4 days with my sister’s family in Richland and then the next 7 days at the Turner farm. It was such a fun time with family, the kids had a BLAST playing with all their cousins NON-stop! Reece was so excited to see everyone and I’m so happy she was done with treatment so she could enjoy her summer. We got home June 18th just in time for Reece’s birthday party and Bell ceremony on the 20th. We had a great turnout and such a great support group there to celebrate with her. It was such a special day for her and she was just glowing and smiling ear to ear. After the ceremony we headed to Liberty Park in SL and had a party with her friends and ate cupcakes, had a piƱata and prizes. It was a hot and sweaty day but the kids had fun and played in the splash pad for a while. Reece was happy that Grandma Turner got to come down and be at her party and bell ringing. It was a very big day and so special. Celebrating her birth after 6 years and then celebrating “end of chemo”.
On June 23rd Reece had her port removed…. YAYYYY!!! That was an exciting day actually. Having the port removed was a great feeling that chemo was done and the cancer is gone!! She did amazing for the minor surgery and had not complained at all since. The only thing is she couldn’t swim for a couple weeks L but we are over that now!
(Reece) For my birthday I wanted Lego Friends, lots of Legos!!! My mom and dad got me the Lego pop star tour bus and pop star Lego house. I was so excited because that’s just what I wanted. I also got 4 other Lego sets from my friends. I have them all put together now and love to play with them every day. Before I got my port out I was swimming a lot and love the water. I can now go under the water and hold my breath. My friends Kazia, Daxton and Ainsley are moving soon and I’m so sad. We play with them all the time and I will be sad when they move away and we can’t see them anymore. I’m excited to start 1st grade this fall and wish my teacher Mrs. Brun could come with me.  
          
          We’ve had a great summer so far. Nothing very exciting yet but I want to plan a trip before the summer is over. The kids are already tired of each other…and then momma gets cranky! Then other times they play well and have the best time together. A side note is the kids ADORE their little brother Liam. He is the center of attention and it’s so fun to watch them even when they fight over him. It’s usually “he/she won’t let me see Liam, I can’t see him”. Which basically means I’m not directly in front of his face!! Liam is growing so fast and it’s sad but exciting at the same time. He is starting to roll, eat food (he didn’t find it very fun at first and would actually cry ) He is growing up fast and its super fun to watch the kids love on him and want to play with him. I didn’t get this with Reece and Turner they were too close in age to even care. 
        I almost forgot about MAW (make a wish). the same week as her birthday, port removal, Reece got to go to the MAW foundation and make her wish! It was so amazing and a neat experience. They had a super cute welcome sign when she arrived. We got a tour and some history about the foundation. Then we went upstairs to the wishing table and talked. After she wrote down her wish and we went into the "Wishing Tower" she had a special key to unlock the door and inside is where she got to put her wish into the Wizards hat to be granted! We had such a fun and neat experience and the kids enjoyed every minute. Now we just wait for the board to approve her wish. So far things are going well and her wish of Disney World will be happening!!










2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I was just reading about your daughter and i must say that you guys have been so brave and i love your positive outlook.
    My son age 3 had a wilms tumour and had to undergo chemo therapy but no radiation.
    Just had one question why did Reece have to get the radiation therapy done ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Reece had radiation because she was considered stage 3 and they had to remove her tumor in several pieces. when they remove the tumor in more than 1 chunk it releases cancerous cells into the body so radiation was performed. her tumor had also spread up into the aorta.

      Delete